does anyone have the firmware 1.23 file ?

This is the place to post if you are having problems with you Fusion.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric

hadley
General
General

does anyone have the firmware 1.23 file ?

Post by hadley »

I would like to update the boot ROM on my 6HD. The firmware is v.124, but the current boot ROM is only v1.02

When I put the v1.24 image file on the compact flash card, and start up, holding 7 and 8, it attempts to update the boot rom but fails saying there is not enough free space in the ROM.

So I am guessing the v1.23 ROM is smaller. I would like to downgrade the 6HD to v1.23, then flash both the boot ROM and firmware from the v1.24 image.

But has anyone got the old firmware image ?
Jokeyman123
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Re: does anyone have the firmware 1.23 file ?

Post by Jokeyman123 »

I do not think you can "backload" the new boot firmware with an older version-and from my forays doing this-I think the firmware is loaded along with whatever ROM version you install. I don't think the 2 can be updated separately. I'm not even sure that is correct-as on my one older Fusion, the boot firmware is I recall 1.01-and even installing version 1.24 of the ROM package-it did not update the bootloader. Are you using Fusion Image or Fusion OS? If you are using the image file, 64MB, perhaps that is why you are getting the message about not enough free space-you are re-loading the entire volume folder rather than just the boot ROM which is only 2.8MB-does not have the basic set of ROM sounds included. I don't recall, jesse or Parametric may-but I think you must install the boot rom (2.8MB file) differently than the entire image rom. And with 2 different boot-loader versions on my 2 8HDs-I cannot detect what changed from one to the other-what the updated boot loader changes-and I'm thinking that these bootloader versions are fixed-whatever Alesis installed at the factory-is what you are stuck with unlike the image file which can be changed. I've never tried reversing my V1.24 volume image to an older one-the 1.24 has all the stock factory programs, multis and samples that are not included in the older image files, its the most complete factory version Alesis produced before they gave up, including firmware. In particular, I think programs in category 5 do not appear until V1.24.
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

You would need to get a special Boot ROM update from Alesis, which I doubt they would give you, also you may need a special tool to install a Boot ROM update :(

My 8HD is running boot ROM version 1.0 with no problems :)

https://www.alesismusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2395
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
parametric
Administrator
Administrator

Post by parametric »

I don't think I ever saw the earlier OS versions available anywhere - even on the old Alesis site . . .

I guess they removed them each time a new OS was issued?

The only datalist I have bears the number 1.20 and declares that to be the Sound ROM number . . . ?

(It seems to have all the content we're familiar with including Preset5, ALL the "Mixes" and all the Arps . . . )

The OS comes in two sizes. The larger one has the last (and latest) ROM content along with OS 1.24.

The smaller one just has the OS 1.24

So I guess, once you upgrade - you can't go back . . . .

Sure, the boot loader has it's own number, but I've never seen it available separately - so I guess it comes with the OS . . . ?

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

I have all the OS updates from version 1.01 to 1.24, but it won't do you any good as far as trying to update the Boot ROM
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
hadley
General
General

Post by hadley »

From what i have observed the "large" (around 55-60 MB) image files do have the boot ROM image inside them too, but the default flash (hold B and 7) does not update the boot ROM. It updates the OS and also the sound ROM.

In order to update the boot ROM, I believe you need to use the same "large" (around 55-60 MB) image file, but flash by holding 7 and 8. In my case, it definitely says it is about to update the boot ROM. But then it fails to update complaining there is not enough free space on the ROM. I know the sound ROM for 1.23 is smaller, as it doesn't have the Preset5 bank in it. So I am hoping that with the "large" image file for version 1.23 I will succeed.

I can see from archive.org that the files for 1.22 and 1.23 (both 55.5 MB) were on alesis.com about 15 years ago:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060710135 ... 59,0,0,1,0
https://web.archive.org/web/20060823131 ... 59,0,0,1,0

Jesse could I please get the files from you so i can try it? My 6HD has always had an intermittent boot failure and I feel ready to do something about it.
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

How to upgrade Fusion_OS_v1.24 from your Fusion Hard Drive (operating system only - No ROM files)
This is the file you want - Fusion OS version 1.24 for use on Fusion HD
Here's the link http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j8vhvvd ... n_OS_files
I have added the Alesis Fusion OS files ver 1.20, ver 1.21, ver 1.22 & ver 1.23 to this link - They can be downloaded from here if needed
hadley
General
General

Post by hadley »

Thank you so much Jesse. The downgrade to 1.23 definitely works.

I am now at:
boot 1.02
os 1.23
sound 1.23
parametric
Administrator
Administrator

Post by parametric »

That's great news John . . . .

Does it seem to behave normally again?

I'd better D/L those and place them in my Archive. The more places they are, the less chance of them getting lost ;)

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
hadley
General
General

Post by hadley »

No I still have the same "no space on ROM" error, but now I have a lot more firmwares to play with so I will experiment a bit.
hadley
General
General

Post by hadley »

None of the files available to us seems to have a boot ROM in it, so I am still stuck with boot ROM 1.02

However, the procedure of downgrading to OS 1.23 and then upgrading to OS 1.24 seems to have solved my issue, which was frequent "Voice Engine failed to load" during start up.

I had re-flashed OS 1.24 many times but it never helped. I begin to suspect that ROM versions should not be skipped.