MovinPro - from Joeri Peeters

Looking for new sounds?? Created or edited a sound? Share 'em here!

Moderators: Jesse, parametric

parametric
Administrator
Administrator
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Re: MovinPro - from Joeri Peeters

Post by parametric »

The Fusion's filing system, whilst being quite complicated, is logical . . .

The best description I have seen is by Joeri himself in the attached document.

vstream_manual.pdf
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 21 times

If you do ANYTHING with the order of Banks etc, while the Fusion_HD is connected to your computer, it is important that you <verify> ALL

in the <Global> menu when you get back to the Fusion itself. This operation scans the Banks and folders and re-writes the <bank.txt>

files that you see in every folder to ensure the Fusion is aware of the changes.

It is helpful to study the Directory Tree with a particular Bank in mind, to learn where the related <Samples>, <multisamples>,

and <programs> are, noting any folders that have been created, what their names are etc . . .

Getting it wrong will cause problems, by things not being where the Fusion knew they were, last time IYSWIM . . . .

Also - be aware that any Songs you have made - may not be able to find certain programs they need (if they have been moved) . . .

In this case, the Fusion substitutes the Holy Grail GP . . . . .

As I stress - the system IS quite logical, but complicated . . . .

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Maax555
New User
New User

Post by Maax555 »

Has anyone had issues unzipping this, I keep getting an error? Not the PDF, the sound files.
Cubase 9.5 Pro. PC-11900K, Asus RStrix Z590, 32GB RAM, NVME M.2 4.0 drive.
Steinberg UR44, N.I. KK S61MKii, Komplete Ultimate 12, Omnisphere 2.6, Several Steinberg VST, Korg Legacy VST, Steinberg CMC Controllers, Presonus Atom Controller, Se X1 Mic, Adam Monitors/Sub. Alesis Fusion 8HD, ESP-LTD EC-256 Guitar, Ibanez Bass GSR200
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

There are not any sound files there, just instructions on how to install them :)

You will find a lot of sound files here https://www.alesismusic.com/viewforum.php?f=19
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
Maax555
New User
New User

Post by Maax555 »

Jesse wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:01 pm
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (31.03 KiB) Viewed 83 times
There are not any sound files there, just instructions on how to install them :)

You will find a lot of sound files here https://www.alesismusic.com/viewforum.php?f=19
Yes, this is what I meant by not the pdf document. Ive downloaded the files many times now and each time i extract there is a small error.
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (10.59 KiB) Viewed 83 times
Steinberg UR44, N.I. KK S61MKii, Komplete Ultimate 12, Omnisphere 2.6, Several Steinberg VST, Korg Legacy VST, Steinberg CMC Controllers, Presonus Atom Controller, Se X1 Mic, Adam Monitors/Sub. Alesis Fusion 8HD, ESP-LTD EC-256 Guitar, Ibanez Bass GSR200
Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Maax 5-which file exactly are you making reference to-where did you download it from? is it from the repository that jesse has just posted a link to? I have all the MovinPro Vstream 1 and 2 sounds installed in both my Fusions, no problems downloading, did this recently. Or did you access these from the first post-from 2018 by "failed muso? It should be 1.6GB-possibly the download was corrupted duirng the download process-it happens. it must be the package labelled "Movin Pro and Vstream complete package" or underneath on that page-there are 3 separate download links for just "MovinPro" or Vstream 1 or 2 that can be downloaded separately. I am downloading it now, just to error check it, it is taking some time but is downloading. I wlll unzip it once it's done, let you know if there is something wrong. These are great sounds by the way.

OK-you are right-I am getting the same error message when I downloaded the full file and tried to unzip it with the standard windows "extract all" command. However-when I used "7zip" (I use this since windows often poos on itself) it extracted perfectly. 7zip is easy to find. Try that. i also just noticed-although this is supposed to have 3 folders- 1) MovinPro 2) Vstream 1 and 3) Vstream 2-this download doesn't seem to include Vstream 2 but everything else is there. You will have a very large collection of Movinpro programs, multis. There is also a bonus pack of many of the necessary docs for the Fusion in the pdf folder-including the reference manual, SOS review-many other tutorials-nice!
JMD
New User
New User

Post by JMD »

Hello,
I actually had some difficulty downloading MoVinPro bank by Joeri Peeters from the site https://www.failedmuso.com/sounds/. The file is very large (> 1.6G) and Firefox always stopped the download before the end (looks like this is the reason for the error you are having as the total size file on the image you posted appear to be 1047 ... I think that it should rather be> 1600).

To achieve this, I used to use a download manager ("Turbo Download Manager" for me but any should work).

Joeri Peeters' portfolio photos are very successful ! A huge creative talent, whatever the field !!
Maax555
New User
New User

Post by Maax555 »

I found that the complete zip would always throw up errors upon unzipping. I then downloaded them separately and all is well. Well I say all is well, I ran more diagnostics just to make sure everything was working and did not notice the warning regarding wiping disk :D . Luckily I have backed up the volume but without all the additional banks. No matter as I will learn a little more about installing new sounds as it was very hit n miss when I uploaded a lot of the banks. Just waiting for my flash card to be delivered, once I update to 1.24 I will upload again but this time I will try and upload in a more organised way. I would love to create some patches and perhaps convert some of my Native Instruments stuff to share in this group. I imagine I’m a long way off that yet.
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

Alesis Fusion Files on MediaFire

Alesis Fusion Sound Programs
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/o2qxxmy ... d_Programs
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Hmmm....I have to double-check this...off the top of my head...how does one divide the 310 MovinPro programs and 270 multi-samples into 3 different banks-and match these up with the correct 2663 samples? I haven't even tried. I just use the inc+locate global menu to get the programs above 128. I am guessing to match each sample with each program-would take hours to get it done correctly to store in 3 separate banks. Would be nice to have 3 separate Movinpro banks, as deho is trying to do. So anything above 128 will categorize into the existing categories as far as I can see. I am not trusting Fusion "sort" to do this matching up samples with programs into separate banks. I don't think it was designed to do that.

Whew-listen to "Grauw" and One Key 120bpm numbers 161, 163, whew!

Deho-I understnad what you are seeing-you must be looking at the programs in their category lists-not the global lists.

The reason numbers skip around is because those program numbers are in different "categories" but you are not missing anything. Look at the global lists for MovinPro-and you will see the numbers consecutively with no missing numbers in between. A little complex to understand at first-but then there has to be a way to "catalog" thousands of sounds in one keyboard. Remember with the global selection-you can go directly to any one of those thousands of sounds pretty quickly-without loading samples, until you pick the program you want-and only if it is sample-based (many MovinPro programs are) the it will load its samples, and only once, until you re-boot the Fusion.