Trip to Pisgah National Forest to Ride the Mountain Roads

Anything goes here...well almost anything!

Moderators: Jesse, parametric

Jesse
Administrator
Administrator
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Trip to Pisgah National Forest to Ride the Mountain Roads

Post by Jesse »

April 23-25 Trip to Pisgah National Forest to Ride the Mountain Roads, a late Bday gift from my son to me.
Shelby rented a cabin at Pilot Cove for three days, we towed the motorcycles there.
I was riding my 2014 Honda CB1100 and Shelby was riding his 2016 Triumph Thruxton R 1200
Friday evening we had a short 26 mile ride on Route 276 and part of the Blue Ridge Parkway
Pisgah National Forest Trip
Pisgah National Forest Trip
Saturday, rain most of the day :( so we went to the Wheels Through Time Museum
https://www.youtube.com/c/wheelsthroughtime/featured
and MR Motorcycles Dealership a big motorcycle dealership near Asheville, NC

Sunday morning a little chilly - 51 to 56 degrees we rode 76 miles on the mountain roads Rte 276, Rte 215 the Blue Ridge Parkway and back on Rte. 276 before heading back home, it was a lot of fun :)
Sunday morning road trip :)
Sunday morning road trip :)
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pilot+C ... i1!2i0!3i1
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
parametric
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Trip to Pisgah National Forest to Ride the Mountain Roads

Post by parametric »

Sounds like an excellent respite after all this lockdown, Jesse?

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

It was very nice and relaxing, my son and I had a great time :)
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kpr »

This looks like a great time for both of you. Great! And the two red bikes are pretty cool, I like this style.
Rock´n Roll is music, not driving instructions.
Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Beautiful area, beautiful bike run. If you ever are up in this area-I live in a community that exits/enters Rt. 739 in NE PA-a famous bike run due to its scenic nature and that it crosses the Delaware river-beautiful run down rt. 209 along the Delaware to the Delaware water gap south from 739-can go clear up to Scranton and Rt.81 beyond due north and west which will take you right into Virginia and clear down to Louisiana-I've never taken that run, but there is alot of beautiful countryside biker routes right near 739 which can get you to historic Honesdale-a big Harley store is there as are several little restaurant stops frequented by riding clubs from all over the East. Honesdale-birth of the steam locomotive and the source for the song "Winter Wonderland". Driving around here, I can believe it!
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

Thanks Klaus & JD
My 2014 Honda CB1100
My 2014 Honda CB1100
Shelby's 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Shelby's 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

I sold my CB1100 Friday, I will miss it but it has a good home with a collector, he also has a
2008 Shelby Cobra GT Convertible Mustang
2012 Shelby Cobra GT Mustang
Both built while Carol Shelby was still alive and before they started making changes to suspension and other areas.
He also used to own and race one of the original Shelby Cobra's.
Quite an interesting person.