Anyone need replacement fusion parts

Got equipment to sell? This is the place.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric

philcollier
New User
New User
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Anyone need replacement fusion parts

Post by philcollier »

Don't know if people know about a Web site called www.instrumentalparts.com but they have loads of fusion parts listed and say they can trace some parts not llisted
parametric
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Anyone need replacement fusion parts

Post by parametric »

Yes Phil,

They are well known. They do ship to the UK, but the postage is scary. $22 for a small $9 item.

Some crucial parts are shared with the Akai MPC5000 - and are available from Akai Professional.

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

4 years later-having just ordered a part for one of my 8HD's from instrumental....they sent me a list of parts they still have in stock-get in touch with them directly if you need something. They still ship to Europe, still have quite a few parts available-unfortunately not LCD screens and many have been discontinued, but have some of the IC boards, panels and other parts if you need any of these.

in another user group-am trying to design and build a replacement Yamaha BT7 midi interface for my older Yamaha wind controllers-(I have one and the WT11 module)-off topic here but wait a minute. Another user in this group sent me a link to a company-looks like Japanese or Chinese-fabricates IC boards to consumers-and has a huge inventory of parts-including some Texas Instruments chips and a ton of other chips. i am in the process of inquiring as to the possibility they could fabricate-and possibly even assemble replacement electronics parts for the Fusion. Not sure if this would violate Alesis user patents, get back to me here if you can about this, i have not communicated with this company yet and still am not sure of their capabilities-but from the website-looks pretty comprehensive. Here....

https://jlcpcb.com/
parametric
Administrator
Administrator

Post by parametric »

There is STILL interest out there . . . . . though this is a bit laughable . . . . Release price back in 2005 was £1699 . . . . .

RAM is UNexpanded and HD size is NOT disclosed . . . .

1.8k Fusion.jpg

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

I noticed this listing-a bit of price gouging-I'm seeing alot of this on eBay recently-prices ridiculously out of line to what the going prices were even 3-4 months ago. Just read-ebay eliminated 30,000.000 thats right- 30 million listings since the pandemic for price gouging, selling sub quality or counterfeit medical and disinfectant supplies, as people hoarded things apparently to corner a market-to resell at ridiculous prices-ebay has been working to eliminate these sellers and is now only allowing specific items like masks, protective gear from legit sellers. Across the board-I'm seeing ridiculous music equipment prices with some sellers-here in the US there are 2 8HD Fusions listed for weeks at under 1000 US dollars with no takers. That seems more reasonable, I always check to see what the selling prices went for if I list something. So tough, so many of us are still stuck at home trying to tough out this pandemic. Even in my relatively rural area, it has hit home.
parametric
Administrator
Administrator

Post by parametric »

Jokeyman123 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:26 pm i am in the process of inquiring as to the possibility they could fabricate-and possibly even assemble replacement electronics parts for the Fusion. Not sure if this would violate Alesis user patents, get back to me here if you can about this, i have not communicated with this company yet and still am not sure of their capabilities-but from the website-looks pretty comprehensive. Here....

https://jlcpcb.com/
I'm quite sure they would indeed shout "Foul" in this case . . .

It's something I feel quite strongly about.

I BELIEVE we have the right to maintain our boards for as long as we require them, by any means possible.

If an OEM cannot (or WILL NOT) help, then we have to go over their heads to achieve our ends . . . .

In a less-avaricious society - we might seek permission to do so? which might well be advantageous to both parties??

If an OEM has abandoned a product (presumably concluding that there is no more money to be made out of it) then I feel it is

UNREASONABLE to then get indignant about IP, patents, copyright etc.

The decision to abandon it has already been made . . . So be NICE . . . . .

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned, and am expecting too much of Human Nature in THIS society?

Chris